Fears-
I can't say I "fear" a lot of things. I don't mind talking in front of people. I'm not really afraid of heights, but here are a few things that make me really really scared!!
I hate flying (as in a plane). I hate it. I white-knuckle it from lift-off to landing. How can a girl who loves to travel and wants to see the world more than anything be so afraid? I have no clue. I picture the plane headed straight down, bursting into a ball of flames, and spreading my charred ashes into a million directions. It's that pretty. And when I fly to Oz, it goes on for about 14 hours straight. On our honeymoon we hit bad turbulence (on the plane folks, not in general) and I yelled to Brian, "Get me off this plane!!!" as he was acting like we were gliding along on the Magnum. Anyhow, he looked at me calmly and said, "What do you want me to do? We're at 30,000 feet." And that folks is why I love Brian Yoder, he's so rational. (Laughing to myself)
I also have this random fear of tornadoes. I like thunderstorms but I'm pretty sure I had a bad viewing of The Wizard of Oz as a child because I'm sure that someday I'm going to get swept up by a tornado and dropped naked in a field. You just wait.
Speaking of The Wizard of Oz, that movie gives me the heeby jeebies. I don't like it. When I was little, I used to think the Wicked Witch lived in my closest so I would always shut the closet door before I went to bed (Turns out she lived just across the hall) Waa waaa...that was a Ted joke for all of you in the loop!
I'm also terrified of bats. I can't really go into why (some of my inner circle can tell many stories) but for such little mammals, they are oh so creepy. I got a shiver up my spine just from doing a google image search.These are just my "material" fears. There are some things I'm afraid of...sharing with you. I'm reading a book called One Month to Live. This book is really challenging me to live life as God has imagined for us, facing our fears and living life fully- so we'll have no regrets no matter when our life ends. I have a few things up my sleeve that I will may share on this blog. I spoke with Brian about one last night and that was HUGE step for me...just being able to share this fear/regret/happening in my life.
So what do you fear? Any run ins with a bat? Or the Wicked Witch? How about flying? Are you a crazed flyer like me? I'd love to hear about it.




I'm afraid of meeting a bear in the wild! Literally I think I would faint if I saw one. We did hit turbulence (the marital kind) on our honeymoon b/c we went to the Smokey Mtns. We did some hiking and I just knew there would be a bear attack...that's just my kind of luck. lol My parents actually have seen one behind their house...just south of Killbuck. So now I have to run to van after leaving their house. lol
ReplyDeleteAnd I must say that I was so excited to see your fear about flying b/c that is so me!! I cannot sleep on a plane...all I can picture is the pilot getting on the intercom to announce that the engine has failed. lol
I really enjoy your blog!! :)
My biggest fear is flying too! I've missed three flights that were booked and paid for because I either had a panic attack at the airport or was too scared to even go to the airport for the flight. I also watch documentaries like Nova's "Crash of Flight 447" obsessively.
ReplyDeleteThis was another really great post!
Sounds like the same things I'm afraid of...loss of control over a situation. Unable to change it /fix it/ protect from it...everything else may not be a piece of cake but sure seems like it.
ReplyDelete