Monday, March 21, 2011

Fork in the Road

Friday was a rough day.  The doctors finally said the words, "There is nothing else we can do."  While Brian and I felt his was coming (in regards to his father's health), thinking this and hearing the words spoken were two completely separate things. 

When bad things like this happen, our faith shows its true colors- when the rubber meets the road.  We can either curse God or we can continue to praise His goodness through the trial. 

Throughout the past weeks, Brian and I have been praying that no matter what happened with his Dad's health, God would be glorified.  I sat and cried today as I thought about how I've seen our marriage grow and thrive during this time of stress and worry.  God has been glorified.

Now we face this fork in our road.

 The Lord seems to be asking us to do something really big.  Something to honor Him.  Something we never dreamt, planned, or even talked or thought about!  (Sorry I'm not spilling the beans because God is still working out the details).  Something that makes me squeal with delight yet also makes me want to throw up, climb into bed, and pull the covers over saying, "Oh no God!  I am not capable of this!"

The fork for me symbolizes what I think we have all been experiencing most of our lives....do we go to the right and fully commit ourselves to God's ways and allow Him to have control of every single situation in our lives?  Or do we go to the left and enjoying playing a Christian?  You know: go to church, say your prayers, drop some money in the plate...yadda yadda yadda.  At what time do we give in and surrender?

Joshua 24:15
And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD,
choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve... But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

Dear God, I want to go right.  And I'm going to need Your help.  A LOT of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment