Thursday, March 17, 2011

Resolutions Update- March

Almost 10 weeks into the year- how are things going?

Finances- I have a bad feeling the grocery budget is going to have to go up.  Between rising food prices and Jackson's need for soy milk, I'm going to need a little more cash.  The good news is that with all my couponing, we've got enough free toothpaste to last until October. Haha.

I was able to see both of my grandmas this week.  I'm trying to fit in more visits the next few months instead of just phone calls.

I need to improve my Bible reading.  You've been reading about my love for the book One Month to Live.  The book contains so many Scripture references that I've been enjoying it with my Bible in hand and then reading the Scriptures.  Does this count?  I hate excuses- but I find that as a mom it is so hard to find quiet time to focus.  I can blog or type when Jackson is playing...I can pray while cleaning and riding in the car (Don't worry- I don't close my eyes).  But sitting down and really focusing in the quiet seems impossible...and right before bed my head is usually a pile of mush.  Anyone have advice on this one?

Facebook- I need to stop.  'Nough said.

Working out has been on the back burner.  Between visits to Brian's dad, the kitchen torn apart, and other things, it hasn't been a priority.  I'm hoping some warmer weather will give Jackson and I some nice walks outside. 

Business- I've had a lot of leads for travel business, but things have been slow.  I'm sure the price of gas and uncertainty in many parts of the world isn't helping.  I'm not stressing about it because my #1 priority is taking care of Jackson and being a great mother.  Money is nice, but it comes second to Jackson...  I trust God for His provisions in knowing that if my priorities are correct, the rest will fall into place.

Anyone else out there still working on their resolutions?  How are you doing?  Do you think accountability helps you?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, join the Facebook revolution and depart! haha. Life post-facebook is great.
    I'm doing wretched with my resolutions. I've only made it to the gym once so far. However, in previous years, my objective has been to go to the gym at least once, so it's not a complete down year yet. haha.

    ReplyDelete